Saturday, January 21, 2006

A proposal

Being a researcher, I deal with proposals so often. But there's one kind of proposal that I don't deal very often. Not everyday, nor every month, nor every year. This kind of proposal perhaps happens only once or twice in some women's lives. In my life, I dealed with it more than once or twice. It doesn't mean I have become an expert in dealing with this, though. I'm always a shy beginner. Amateurish. Unprofessional. Everytime this proposal came, I got surprised, encountered some confusions, and filled with mixed feelings. An awkward being of me.

So, it was two days ago. Thursday. Noon in LA, evening somewhere else. When someone suddenly came up with this kind of proposal. An unexpected one. He brought it to my face with his usual gesture, cool and confident. This guy I have known for sometime suddenly spoke out some words. Short, straight and shocking. He ended his proposal by saying, "Next year, baby, next year!".

So, now I have one year to consider his proposal. Perhaps I need less than a year to decide. But I'll make it a year anyway. A long, or perhaps a too-short, one year. Awaiting. Unpredictable (or predictable?) one. Nobody know what would happen in the course of one year. Twelve months. 365 days. What an interesting year I would have.

10 comments:

Joe said...

Hum... this will be your year to reflect girl!

dy said...

hehehe... iya, nggak, iya, nggak, iya..... *sambil metik kelopak bunga*

Rani said...

asoi... nikmatilaah

Rihard-Susy-Daniel said...

Kayaknya daku jadi turut deg-degan nih. Enjoy aja Mer, mengalir saja seperti air :D. Jangan lupa kabari kami ya jawaban proposalnya, hehe.

mellyana said...

ehm ehm...so we all have to check your answer 12 months from now? OK, I'll mark the date :)

Patricia Astrid said...

Selamat Mer, kalo ada jawabannya kasih tahu ya -- gua nggak ada proposal-proposalan kayak di pilem-pilem, diputusin bersama, ortu yang nagih :)

Makasih banyak juga buat ucapan selamatnya yah, iya emang kalau bisa postdoc jangan lama-lama deh, apalagi kalau entar merit, perlu kepulan asap dapur yg lebih tebel :) :)

-rino said...

ternyata eh ternyata...
proposal eh proposal...
(pake referee atawa reviewer ga itu proposal teh?)

tahun depan toh mer...
apa kita musti nyiapin lagu dari sekarang?
(sekalian concert tour kali yee... hihi...)

Anonymous said...

“Give all to love,” says poet Ralph Waldo Emerson. “Obey thy heart.”

The analysis of love has moved from the embrace of poets into the arms of science. A recent series of precise studies reveal some of the key brain areas and molecules involved in the ability to love and bond with others.

Myr said...

terus..terus *nada gosip* ssst..tapi kan sebenernya..

merlyna lim said...

buat semuanya: no comment ah... hehehe.