Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My home!


After staying at hotel(s) for 33 days, I finally moved in to an apartment. This is my first 'home' in my life where I am really in charge of everything. All apartment by my own! This is great. In the last 4 years, I never stayed in one room/apartment for more than 5 months. Kept moving, changing places. This apartment is gonna be my home for at least 11 months. I feel excited about it. I love this apartment.

This is not really a big luxurious apartment. But for me, this is the best place of stay in my life where I don't have to share anything with anybody else. In my parents' house, I never had any bedroom bigger than 6 sqm. When I started to be out of my parents' home, I mostly stayed in cramped small room(s) with shared facilities. The worst was a 3.6 sqm room in Jakarta. The best place I got in Holland was an 18 sqm studio apartment with shared shower/toilet/storage.

This is a 2 floors loft apartment. Downstairs, there are (all small) living room, dining room and kitchen. Upstairs are bedroom, bathroom, and dressing room. That's all. The apartment came unfurnished, but a previous tenant was very nice to me. Previously he offered me his couch and his desk. Later on, he also gave me his microwave, blender, toaster, dressing table, drawer, bookshelve, dining table + chairs, lamps, and a great leather desk chair as well as kitchenware. I don't have to spend hundred bucks to buy furniture.

I still work so hard in cleaning my apartment. Soon, I'll also decorate it. Oooh, I am still so excited! Great feeling.

20 comments:

ime' said...

looks great, teh ;) i can imagine how you feel about the apartment =D> looking good sistah, looking good ;)

rini said...

your apartment looks very nice, bikin gua pengen tinggal di apartemen juga. congrats for your new apartment!!!

Jay said...

Great!

kok lihat foto di atas kayak gak ada kesan itu di luar negeri ya?

merlyna lim said...

ime: hehe... good yeah goooood!
rini: thanks, hayuk atuh ber-apartemen!
jay: ya...kalo dalemnya sih rumah dimana2 sama ya...:P

John said...

ahh, survival kit menu saja. ada lurah? siskamling? 911? hotspot? Big Mac? fire escape? burglar alarm? pit bull? police whistle? ummm, handgun? ini Wild West dong :-)

Rihard-Susy-Daniel said...

Mer..bagus euy apartmentnya. Numpang nginep boleh kan yah? hehehehe...

pohon cemara said...

selamet mer udah pindah tempat. Tempatnya oke yah....semoga betah... :)

merlyna lim said...

john: my survival kit is different than yours... but i got mine all set.
rsd: boleh dong.. ayo mampir nanti desember ya?
cemara; thanks... pasti betah doong..

Myr said...

huibatts, asyik, cool mér, ini justru tampak spt di luar nagrek skali, ga gampang lho dapetin pieces dg nice separated living room and bed room kyk gitu and still on the budget. congrats lady day, ditunggu crita2 (dan foto2) berikutnya..okeh.

btw gue baru "update" paviliun mungil ini dg produk2 IKEA. si BV mulanya sebel bgt (krn dia yg kena getahnya: bagian nyupir, nunggu gue slesai milih, ngangkut2 dan assembling :-)). tp stlh jadi, abrakadabra..

eh ada IKEA ga deket sana;-)

merlyna lim said...

myr: oh gitu ya? ikea ada tapi ngga deket. btw, hasil peninggalan si george juga produk2 ikea nih... btw, kasih liat dong foto2 apartment yg udah ditata...:)

-rino said...

wah, rumah baru...

boleh diinepin lagi ga nih? :) nov 2006 masih di sana ga?

merlyna lim said...

rino: boleh... tapi nov 2006? wah, belum tau nih.. bakal masih di sini apa engga...

mellyana said...

lucky lucky lucky....mudah2an di rumah baru banyak keberuntungan baru dey

merlyna lim said...

makasih2, mel... (sembari ngepruk2 duit gocengan ke sofa, meja, tembok, ala mbak2 yg dagang di pasar)..

dy said...

Halo Mer, 'mendarat' juga akhirnya.... asik deh apartemennya. Selamat mendekor ya :)

Yosep said...

wadaw... Rumah baru / apartment baru. Ada acara pemberkatan??? hehehehe kayak di Indo aja ye? oh teh Merlyn, saya juga ga mao kalah, post kamar baru saya ach! (ya rumah baru lah sekalian) soalnya semuanya milik saya untuk dalam jangka 1 taon hahahaha, kata Landlordnya sih :p ok deh nanti klo ke LA saya kabarin, pokoknya saya hrs meninjakkan kaki di USA.

merlyna lim said...

dy: makasih. mau maen ke sini sekalian mendekor?...:D
yosep: pemberkatan nikah nih? hahaha. ayo ayo ke sini. juga posting dong apt barumu!

joe said...

its nice to be on your own two feet Merl! love Joe kalilangwe

joe said...

melr, i am so touched by you eulology (sp) on malawi that i shed a tear (or two). i wish i could do something for the youth back home in malawi but what i do not know...i hope that by the time i have finished the phd i shall have an answer. many thanks for the sentiments my dear friend. love always, joe

merlyna lim said...

Joe, thanks for your greetings! wow, so nice to see you here. Malawi is still so dear to me.... I still think about it and wish to do something for the youth, kids and women there, too, someday... my best wishes for you, Joe and waiting to read your blog...:P